Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How I wish Pastor Ojigbani would Come back!

For the just concluded weekend the place to be for all those still stuck in cold, lonely corner like me was at KICC.   Pastor Ojigbani, baptized "apostle of marriage," was in town. And as is his custom he was doing wonders. Performing miracles so that single independent  and powerful women ran into the arms of anything  in the proximity that came close to  being man.  How I missed the event!

The Pastor's presence, I am told, brought the house down. Even the combined influence of Kibaki and Raila would not have been as reverberating. And that is hardly all, unlike in the dull and rowdy crowd Kibera hoodlums in Kibaki's  and Raila's rallies, this one was fully packed with women. I am also being informed that the ratio of women to men in this expectant crowd was a whooping 500: 1!

And the women, I am told, pushed and shoved just to have a glimpse of this  man of God-never mind that he hails from the Home of  Philanderers. This Oga of the  Covenant Singles and Married Ministries made single and gorgeous girls to charge for a place in the already packed plenary hall at KICC just as the Biblical blind man insisted on seeing Jesus of Nazareth despite his blindness.

It was a wonderful place to be!

Those who finally got an opportunity to attend the seminar on "how to get married without delay" there and then began receiving marriage proposals. That was like the crunch time. And I can feel saliva dripping down from the sides of my mouth as I visualize that particular moment.

"Thank God we are finally there," I would have picked on a nice and petite girl, my hands on her wrist. And as the spirit took its toll I would have pushed them up to her chest and let them rest there for a while. Our eyes, of course closed in prayers, I would have continued, "It's been a long and windy journey, full of trials and tribulations but finally the Lord has brought us together." I would tell her that it has taken the intervention of gracious Lord to bring from afar land a Prophet to join us.  

Then I would go for the jugular vein, the most savoring moment. " Girl, would you marry me?"

She would whisper back, still possessed, "AMEN!"

And my lonely days would be over. But I am just dreaming.  How I wish Pastor Ojigbani would come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment